Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Get Out the Glitz and Glamour~It's Oscar Night


The stars come out tonight....to walk the red carpet at The Oscars in Hollywood, CA. I am so excited! Why? I did not see any of the movies (yet) but I love glitz and glamour. I love romance. So for me to see all the gowns, hairdo's, jewels, shoes, okay tuxedo garb too, I go ga ga!

I brought out a few of my bejeweled brooches for show and tell since it is a glamour night. Some are vintage, some are not, but all are beautiful.

Back in the 50's and 60's, I remember my parents getting all decked out for a night on the town. Cocktail dresses were a sign of the times. Chiffon; taffeta; laces. Netting and sexy undergarments. Those were the days. It was exactly those styles that prompted my Mom to have me host my own birthday dress up parties. We all wore her clothes, high heels and jewelry. We were the cat's meow. I can still feel the feeling of those parties.

So, sit back and enjoy the best seat at The Oscars. I'll be right there with you. Next to what's his name, the handsome one....



6 comments:

Mary Patterson said...

Love your pretty jewels, Suzie! What fun memories you have, too.
Mary P
Mary's Cottage Treasures

Nancy said...

What a Great Post Susie!! Yep I am watching it too. Dresses tonight seem so slim and figure fitting. I think I was looking for more of something Ball Gowndish, and not just a couple. Your Jewelry is Gorgeous Susie, thanks for sharing!!
Huggs, Nancy

Carolee Crafts said...

I love the top pink one Susie and like you can remember the ball gowns Mother used to wear, an age of elegance, then there were the Beatles!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweet Susie!

Wow..how beautiful all those brooches are! You have excellent taste. My parents used to dress very elegant too when I was young. Where have those days gone? I miss those days. I watched the Oscars last night,but was kind of disappointed with the hosts. I think I prefer Billy Crystal and his good sense of humor...lol. Anyway it was fun visiting you Susie. Have a great week. xo

Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Lisa McDonald said...

Love, love, the sparkly jewelry! Just beautiful

gail said...

Hi Susie. What pretty jewels! I love the vintage glamour. They really knew what style was then. I love how people used to get dressed to go out or even to eat dinner.

Have a pretty week. (()) gail