Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Show and Tell


It's Memorial Day...a time of reflection to remember those who have served in our armed forces and have given their lives for our freedom and for those currently serving...We appreciate all you do! God speed.

It is also the 'unofficial' day of the start of the Summer Season....family reunions, barbecues, running our toes in the sand at the beach, carnivals, toasting marshmallows over an open pit, gardening, lemonade, and abundant warm sunshine and so much more.

My pictures today celebrate all of the above. The first one is of a child's antique car we found along our jaunt through Pennsylvania. Look at that face! It has been given it's own flower bed so we can enjoy it all summer and give it the honor it so deserves.

The second picture is also a 'truck' filled with red, white and blue flowers to celebrate Memorial Day. We use this as our centerpiece.

The third picture below is my kind of garden decorating, a Grecian lady gracing our courtyard with hydrangeas.

Enjoy your holiday and all the Show and Tell Monday blogs from Make Mine Pink.

19 comments:

gail said...

Hi Susie,, I love your garden... That blue car is great. My little brother had one of those back in the 60's. What a great find. I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend...........pink hugs, gail

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful garden you must have!

Janet L Christian said...

I love that antique pedal car. It looks really like summer tucked in the greenery like that.

Inka Smith said...

Susie,
I just love all those pics. The flowers are a wonderful touch. That car is very nice.
Inka

sita said...

I love your flowers but I have to say my son wouldn't like the car being used that way! He's five and we got him an old one he loves peddling it around! Thanks for sharing your garden it is just lovely!

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Susie,
Haven't seen you much lately....The hydrangeas are beautiful...I wish the Armed Forces could see all of our blogs today, they would know they are truly appreciated. Thanks for your tribute.
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Lilli Blue said...

That is a wonderful flower pot!
Your tribute is lovely. God Bless our soldiers.
Lilli

Carol at Clutter Bug Studio said...

Hi Susie - wow, love your garden and adore that cute blue car. What a great find!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Beautiful flowers Susie. What a wonderful tribute to our soldiers!
hugs,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Love the garden...and the car is great!
Susan

Marie said...

Susie,
I love those photos. They are all really delightful, but if I had to choose a fave, it would be the first one. Your garden must be wonderful.

Susie said...

I love the little car~ and the Grecian Goddess!S

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Suzi, I love the little blue car filled with flowers. It brings back so many memories. I had a little blue car, my brother had a red one. Wish we had them now! Thanks for the stroll down Memory Lane.

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Susie,

You make beautiful flower displays...I love what you did to the antique pedal car!

Pei Li

Deb said...

Hi Susie....what a nice Show and Tell you have for us today! I love the little car...it has a personality all of its own. Your Grecian lady full of flowers is just beautiful too.

xo,
Debbie

Eileen & Karen said...

Susie, Your so fun! I just love your pedal car! Too cute!
xxoo
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.com

Lisa McDonald said...

Susie

Love the head vase, how cute is she? You have a beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Patricia said...

Love the pedal car! the gardens must be great. love your grecian lady, my Mom had one similar and called her Bedelia.

Pat

Unknown said...

Aww Susie, Your heart is in the right place. What a beautiful garden and tribute to our soldiers. My son would also love the car. What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed your Show and Tell.
XOXO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows